Friday, March 5, 2021

Chapter 1: Section 4: Page 30: Line 91 (463)

 Having attended several useful symposia for airship commanders on techniques for avoiding the display of hurt feelings, Randolph could detect now that something was preying on the Professor's mind.

* * * * * * * * * *

"Having attended several useful symposia for airship commanders on techniques for avoiding the display of hurt feelings"
My technique for avoiding the display of hurt feelings is writing over 5000 blog posts across ten years. Who hurt my feelings? Everybody. If I know you, you've desperately hurt my feelings at one time or another and I've almost certainly not shown it. If you've hurt my feelings and I have shown it, that means you hurt my feelings so much that I finally broke. If you're my father, fuck you.
    Today on Twitter, I went in and read the tweets and replies of somebody whom I've never met but would probably have considered a friend. Until I read their shitty and terrible comments to and about other people who may as well be me and it fucking broke me.
    I'm so fucking tired. I don't want to do this anymore. I don't want to be human anymore. It's just too fucking hard.

*long sigh* Um, anyway, can you imagine how often Randolph has had to utilize the lessons he learned at these symposia simply because his first mate is that prick Lindsay Noseworth?

No comments:

Post a Comment