Friday, March 5, 2021

Chapter 1: Section 4: Page 30: Line 83 (455)

 "Why and bless me," the Professor cried, "if that isn't Merle Rideout I see?"

* * * * * * * * * *

Oh sure. Everybody knows Merle Rideout! What a clever gadabout he is! "Oh look! It's the cool dude who photographs naked ladies!" cries the horny old professor of impossible inventions. "I sure am glad to see him again," he crows as he hides the boner trying to emerge from his lab coat.

No, no! I'm sure there's a grand reason why Heino knows Merle! And I'm pretty sure I read it, having read the first chapter of this book already. I think Merle was interested in light and how light functions before he became a photographer and Heino may have sent him on a journey to learn all about the aether and light waves and love (probably).

"bless me"
It's this kind of casual use of "bless me" and "God doesn't play dice with the universe" and "Jesus is my Lord and Savior!" that makes laymen think scientists believe in supernatural nonsense!

No comments:

Post a Comment