Thursday, February 11, 2021

Chapter 1: Section 3: Page 23: Line 36 (321)

"No, boss, it's an ancient African method of divination, allows you to change your fate."

* * * * * * * * * *

 Oh! Well now doesn't Lindsay look foolish! What a xenophobic jerk to think this guy was running a scam just because he was wearing a pork-pie hat and maybe some other reasons! If at any point you thought I was jumping to that conclusion myself, just realize that I'm a Grandmaster Book Reader and I was just channeling Lindsay's thoughts and attitudes! With all the other crazy, non-accurate stuff going on (Waziri teaching waylaying methods; Tungus sexing up reindeer; Tarahumara pretending to do drugs), I should have realized this guy wasn't just trying to pull a scam with his folding table and cards; he's doing a right proper ancient African divination ritual! Of course! I would totally bet five dollars on that! And to think, I would have passed up such an opportunity because I thought this honest man was pulling some sort of scam! I've got to stop being so cynical!

"allows you to change your fate"
Interesting. This man's philosophical view of life must be that there is no free will and our courses are entirely pre-determined. Predestination, if you will. So he might say that there are those of us who are already saved (the Elect) and the rest of us who are already damned (the Preterites). But say there were a ritual, perhaps discovered in Africa with European playing cards, that could change God's predetermined fate for you! Wouldn't you take this chance?! Wouldn't you bet five bucks to try to win ten and also a seat in Heaven?!

No comments:

Post a Comment