Thursday, February 11, 2021

Chapter 1: Section 3: Page 23: Line 35 (320)

 "If I didn't know better, I'd say that was one of those monte games," murmured Lindsay, politely suppressing his disapproval.

* * * * * * * * * *

Look at my smart little man, Lindsay Noseworth! Can't pull the pork-pie hat down over his eyes! Not that he'd wear one, being so into proper uniforms and regulations and totally against anything fun and interesting.

"If I didn't know better"
Hunh. I'm pretty sure, except when having quoted somebody (like Chick with the word "ain't"), Lindsay hasn't used a contraction up until now. Maybe, as a robot or an alien, he's learning to be more human! Or maybe I just stopped paying close attention, seeing as how I've spent three months reading twenty-two pages.

"politely suppressing his disapproval"
I'm glad to see that Lindsay doesn't treat everybody he meets as if they're as incompetent as Darby Suckling.


No comments:

Post a Comment