Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Chapter 1: Section 1: Page 9: Lines 104-105

 "You'll see. In time, of course."

* * * * * * * * * *

Chick might see "in time" but I doubt the readers will. Pynchon is going to start discussing other characters and their problems and completely forget that I want to know how up is also down and where up/down winds up that is so much like Earth that it's disappointing.

I bet Thomas Pynchon would love to have more time than the measly amount us humans are given so that he could write all the Chums of Chance books as young adult literature. Those books would be so good that they would force all that other popular young adult novels about Harry Potters and Katniss Everdeens and Snickety Whip-its to suck their dicks.

That might sound harsh because it's a metaphor where one object that is a book makes other objects which are also books suck the dick the book doesn't actually have. And that would be wrong if the books were people. But since books are just books and sucking dick is actually a good thing that makes a lot of people happy, it's really just an icky thing to write about non-consensual behavior and I probably shouldn't have written it. Especially if I ever want my dreams of hosting Jeopardy to come true.

But at least I didn't say Pynchon's Chums of Chance young adult novels were also priests.

No comments:

Post a Comment