Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Chapter 1: Section 1: Page 9: Line 103

 "These are mysteries of the profession," Chick supposed.

* * * * * * * * * *

Oh, so world traveling boy adventurer is a profession, is it? Why didn't anybody tell me this when I was eight? I hate adults.

Maybe it wasn't the adults' fault. Maybe it was my lack of vision and ambition. It's not like I didn't grow up watching In Search of . . . my entire young life. There were mysteries out there to discover and what was I doing about them at eight years old? Absolutely nothing, that's what! I could have gone out and built an airship like those puppets in Outerscope on that psychedelic kid's show Vegetable Soup. I could have hopped on my bike and patrolled my neighborhood for paranormal goings on! I could have experimented with talking to plants to see if they understood what I was saying. But did I do any of that? No! I was too busy sitting in my fake wood paneled family room on a paisley bean bag recording myself reading stories from Choose Your Own Adventure books so that I could fall asleep listening to myself tell me stories later! What a dumb prick I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment