Monday, December 5, 2022

Chapter 1: Section 6: Page 52: Line 136 (929)

 His presence made it no easier for Lew to impart his news, but he did manage at last to blurt, "Doggone but I'm going to miss this."

* * * * * * * * * *

I suppose there are some lines that I could easily skip past without comment but then what would be the worth of this project? It's lines like these, when I feel I have nothing to research or any mediocre insight to give, where I usually just write a sonnet!

Lew did, at last, manage to blurt, "Doggone!"
To indicate that which he could not speak,
His words become a jumble of frog spawn
Replaced by euphemistic blasphemy.

Long gone, his past, a vagary through sin
Occluded by dense mists of mystery.
His wife, his friends, his place of time within. . .
At most, a phantom ache, lost history.

Future, now cast, by Nate's paranoid stones.
Denver Heaven? Or a possible Hell?
Leaving a life well loved for an unknown
Unclear to all 'cept waiting time to tell.

"Doggone but I am going to miss this."
The present lament for all who exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment