Saturday, March 20, 2021

Chapter 1: Section 4: Page 34: Line 197 (569)

 "Well, ring-tailed rutabagas."

* * * * * * * * * *

Is this a bad statement to hear when negotiating a deal? If you were in a business meeting and you were all, "My price is one million dollars, sir!" Then the guy across the long table replied to you, "Well, ring-tailed rutabagas," would you be ecstatic or devastated?!
    I have a feeling the Professor shouldn't just feel devastated but scared at this response. I think maybe he's asked one too many questions and Scarsdale is beginning to get suspicious of him. If this were a mob movie from the 1980s, Scarsdale's next action would be to tear open the Professor's shirt to see if he's hiding a wire.

Fact Check: I don't think rutabagas have tails, ringed or not.

Double Fact Check: You might have realized that my fact check wasn't the best fact check because it began "I don't think." That indicates I didn't actually do any research and just trusted the facts that have piled up in my head over the last fifty years.

Triple Fact Check: I've never eaten a rutabaga, as far as I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment