Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Chapter 1: Section 4: Page 27: Line 30 (402)

 An attractive little girl of four or five with flaming red hair was running toward them at high speed.

* * * * * * * * * *

"An attractive little girl"
The phrase "an attractive little girl" sounds like something that should be saved for the sequel to Lolita. It's making me uncomfortable! I suppose it's an innocent thing to say and my issue with it says more about how disgusting I am but what can I do? I've already put the thought out there! I would have said "adorable" or "cute" or "pre-sexy."

"flaming red hair"
She must be Irish, right? Don't only Irish people have flaming red hair in 1893?

"running toward them at high speed"
How fast could this speed have been? She's only four or five! I bet I could beat her in a foot race.

No comments:

Post a Comment