Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Chapter 1: Section 1: Page 4: Lines 30-31

 "Ha, ha," cried young Counterfly, "say, but if you ain't the most slob-footed chap I ever seen! Ha, ha, ha!"

* * * * * * * * * *

Ha ha! That Chick Counterfly is such a huge cut up! "The most slob-footed chap" is such a great line! Almost as great as my line "mayonnaise footed!" That's what I call Gibraltar in Apex because he walks around going "Thump splush! Thump splush! Thump splush!" It's like, "Hey! Sir! I'm trying to hear enemy footsteps! Could you stop putting so much mayonnaise in your boots before going to war?! Idiot!"

I like how much Chick laughs at other people's suffering and also at their own jokes! It's almost as if Thomas Pynchon met me one time and thought, "That guy is such a slob-footed jerk! Hey! I have a great idea for a character that would totally make fun of him!"

Was that joke too subtle? Do you think someone will read "It's almost as if Thomas Pynchon met me one time" and then think, "Oh! Grunion Guy the Anonymous Blog Writer is about to suggest they're the model for Chick Counterfly?!" and then read the big twist on the sentence and think, "Ha, ha, ha! That Grunion Guy sure does have the worst self-esteem! Ha, ha!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment