Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Chapter 1: Section 7: Page 60: Line 59 (1040)

 There were light addicts who around sunset began to sweat and itch and seclude themselves in toilets with portable electric lanterns.

**********

"light addicts"
Wait. I've never thought about this before but am I . . . addicted to light? I'm not even sure I could give it up any time I want! It's completely taken control of me. Perhaps these folks aren't addicted to light. Maybe they're just like rabid fandoms on the Internet where people can't just love something but have to express how much they love that thing more than the next person. The Internet has broken these kinds of people because before the Internet, they just had to love Disney more than a few of their friends on the same block to be thought of as the biggest Disney fan ever. But on the Internet, they suddenly have to be a bigger fan of Disney than every other biggest fan of Disney in the entire world and who has time to prove that much love for Disney? Well, apparently a lot of people because some Disney fans don't have any room for any other aspect of their personality. That's what I like to think these light addicts are actually about.

"who around sunset began to sweat and itch and seclude themselves in toilets with portable electric lanterns"
I think maybe they're just afraid of the dark!

No comments:

Post a Comment