Saturday, March 27, 2021

Chapter 1: Section 5: Page 37: Line 20 (602)

 "I guess I read the sports pages mostly."

* * * * * * * * * *

They had sports pages in the 1880s? What sports existed? I guess baseball since we saw the kids already had baseball bats. And probably football since there was that episode of Little House on the Prairie where Albert has a coach that would rather see his players die than lose. Of course football was terrible back then because nobody had invented the forward pass yet and every play was just "Run right into the other guys as hard as you can!" Soccer definitely existed and golf too. Basketball had just been invented so I doubt Lew would have been reading about that when he was younger. I bet the majority of the sports page was just boxing and horse races. Oh, and how many people died during each football game.

No comments:

Post a Comment