Saturday, January 30, 2021

Chapter 1: Section 2: Page 20: Line 175-177 (280-282)

 "Somebody out there," Zip said solemnly. "Empty space. But inhabited."

* * * * * * * * * *

"Empty space but inhabited" sounds like extra-dimensional beings to me. Also the tag line to a sci-fi thriller.

"Zip said solemnly."
I mostly associate with people who don't take anything sacred so mostly I never hear anybody say anything solemnly. That doesn't mean me or the people I hang out with never say anything earnest or poignant or meaningful. But nothing ever comes out solemnly. The only time I can honestly say I heard one of my friends say something solemnly was when we were in my mother's basement using a Ouija board. One of the three felt pads on the bottom of the planchette was fraying and somebody made a joke about taking the stupid toy back to Toys 'r' Us for a refund. And my friend Carl looked up, his face glowing in the candlelight, and said solemnly, "It's not a toy; it's a tool."
    Holy fuck did I find that funny.
    Um, the point is, Zip is taking this weird ass sky ghost business completely seriously. But then the Bindlestiffs are ascensionaries so he's probably hinting at the experience being proof of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment