Wednesday, November 25, 2020

The Picture Between the Epigraph and the First Chapter Title

 


* * * * * * * * * *

I don't know what this is. It looks like a coin depicting the Pokémon Togepi crossed with a half-eaten avocado with Lilliputian flags planted on the peaks. Hopefully understanding what this is isn't important to the novel. Maybe it's like a decoder ring and the only way to understand the novel is to decrypt this image. If that's the case, you should understand now that everything I write past this point will be utter nonsense.

I'm only prepared to make one arrogantly confident statement about this picture: the writing isn't English.

I've also just noticed that the image depicted on the Togepi is a lion in a tree. The writing around the edge of the "coin" is probably his name. I bet it's Buttersworth Fuzzy Scrotum.

No comments:

Post a Comment